Writing is a very solitary endeavor but blogging is sort of like writing in a coffee shop. You chat a little with the barista, maybe the folks at the table next to you and next thing you know you are seeing some regulars, a few friendly faces. It makes you kind of happy you decided to put on the good sweatpants and head out for coffee.
I have been reading some really amazing blogs, including The Snowflake Girl who was kind enough to nominate my blog for the Liebster. So first, Snowflake girl – Thank you! Her blog is an eclectic combination of poetry, devotions and observations, I find it very fun and interesting. If you have a moment check it out.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
Below are the questions she asked I answer. Without further ado…
1. What inspires you the most? Why?
I am most inspired by earth in general and nature in specific. I think the reason why is people come and go, but earth continues. It appears random, but nature can auto correct so much better than humans do. While God created every bit of us, nature hasn’t tried to overthink, and in some cases, out think God’s original plan.
2. The city or the country?
Definitely the country. I spent the first eight years of my life on a dairy farm. The rhythm of country life soothes my soul.
3. How many languages do you speak?
I only speak English, but I can read and write in French.
4. Have you ever tried to write a whole book?
Yup. I have tried a few times, so far I have finished one completely, started a second and there have been a couple aborted attempts that are still simmering.
5. Why do you love blogging?
I love blogging for a couple of reasons… First, there really is no judgement. I am free to write my thoughts and everyone is really receptive. Second, I love writing but I am still working on the voice I want to project and blogging is giving me the space to practice.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Tough to say. There are many movies I can watch over and over: Shawshank Redemption, Beetlejuice, You’ve Got Mail, Finding Nemo.
7. Have you ever had a pet? If so which one was your favorite?
I have had many pets. My favorite? I’m not really a favorite kind of person, I have top tens. Plus I wouldn’t want to hurt any of their feelings by saying one was my favorite! But I had a pony growing up, Blaze, hard to forget him. Plus my first cat that was mine on my own, Pippin. And my two cats now would never forgive me if I didn’t include them, Bella and Bodie.
8. Have you ever visited another country?
Yes. I have been to the Canada, Dominican Republic, The Bahamas. That’s about it so far.
9. Who is your favorite author?
Right now, Kristan Higgans ranks in my top three with Malcolm Gladwell and Jo-Jo Moyes.
10. Do you know anyone else in real life who blogs? If you do, say the link to it here.
No, only in fake life, lol!
11. How good are you at keeping secrets?
Pretty good though I don’t like when people tell me secrets. I tell my husband everything and when someone tells me something and asks that I not repeat I have to clarify they are including him. When they say don’t tell him it feels like a lie to him so I would prefer they not tell me.
Eleven Random Facts about me:
1. I married my high school sweetheart.
2. I have a younger brother and sister.
3. I have a reoccurring dream about the first house my husband and I lived in.
4. I have coached middle school cheer-leading for the past 10 years.
5. I prefer summer to winter.
6. My first job was as a parking lot attendant at the beach.
7. It is still my favorite job as they basically paid me to take people’s money and read books.
8. As a kid I had a streak of 3 or 4 years where I had to go to the emergency room on the 4th of July. (Broken bones and stitches.)
9. I have had a pet of some sort in my life forever except for a short period of time when I was 15.
10. I am fascinated by Eleanor Roosevelt.
11. Finding eleven random facts makes me realize that all my password hints are basically random facts about myself
Now to share the love…
Here are some bloggers I follow who are fun and illuminating, definitely great folks to be sharing a virtual coffee with in the blogosphere:
And because I was asked to include a total of 11 bloggers, here are a few new bloggers. Check them out too!
Here are 11 questions to answer from me:
1. What is your favorite (non-blog) website?
2. If you could time travel to any decade in the 20th century, what would it be?
3. If you were to invite five famous (in any sense) people to your home for dinner, who would they be?
4. What would you serve them?
5. If you were marooned on a desert island and could only bring three books, what would they be?
6. If you could be a character in any book you’ve read, what character would you choose and why?
7. Do you read on an e-reader or do you read physical books?
8. If you could move to any part of the world, where would you choose and why?
9. What is your favorite time of day?
10. What is one thing that can turn a bad day around?.
11. What inspires you to write?
So now we’ve shared a bit, a little coffee talk to warm things up. Hope you have a great day!